2019 CHRISTUS Spohn Lyceum
The CHRISTUS Spohn Foundation announces the 2019 CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Lyceum will be on Tuesday, April 9 at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi. Our speaker will be former U.S. Senator
Alan Simpson is a respected Republican Leader who represented Wyoming in the United States Senate. In a career hallmarked by a fearlessness of confronting the most intractable issues of our times, he served as the former Co-chair, National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, a bipartisan group looking to erase the United States’ multi-trillion dollar debt. He is also the Co-founder, with Erskine Bowles, of the Campaign to Fix the Debt, a non-partisan movement to put America on a better fiscal and economic path. With quick wit and a straightforward style, Simpson tackles the most controversial of topics on the national agenda – bringing both honesty and sensible solutions for moving the country forward in these most uncertain political times. Formerly the director of the Institute of Politics at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, Simpson provides audiences with anecdotes, humor and cutting-edge commentary on politics, the media, Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid reform, the economy and much more.
The proceeds from this year’s Lyceum will help support Our PATH Forward (People & Actions Transforming Healthcare) and the CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – Shoreline Interventional Radiology Department.
Our Interventional Radiology physicians and team provide the residents of South Texas with innovative, minimally invasive treatments and lifesaving diagnostic skills. The medical care provided by our Interventional Radiologists allows patients to receive state-of-the-art treatments in Corpus Christi instead of having to travel out of town to receive medical care.
To view photos from this year’s Lyceum, please click here.
For more information, please call Patricia Cano, Director of Development, at 361-881-3611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Event
The annual CHRISTUS Spohn Lyceum has a rich tradition beginning in 1989 with Henry Kissinger, the 56th Secretary of State. Lyceum guests enjoy dinner and hear presentations from some of our era’s most influential speakers and leaders.
Lyceum Tradition of Excellence
- 2018: Author Walter Issaacson
- 2017: Apple Computer Inc., co-founder Steve Wozniak
- 2016: Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and author David McCullough
- 2015: Political commentator Charles Krauthammer
- 2014: Former Mexican President Vicente Fox
- 2013: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
- 2012: Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair
- 2011: Former President George W. Bush
- 2010: Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee
- 2009: Businessman and financier T. Boone Pickens
- 2008: Author James Bradley
- 2007: Former college football coach Lou Holtz
- 2006: Author Mitch Albom
- 2005: Pulitzer Prize-winning commentator George Will
- 2004: Former Commander of U.S. Central Command Gen. Tommy Franks
- 2003: Publishing executive Steve Forbes
- 2002: Former Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo
- 2001: Former First Lady Barbara A. Bush
- 2000: Former Secretary of State and White House Chief of Staff James Baker III
- 1999: Former President George H. W. Bush
- 1998: Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
- 1997: Former Statesman and retired Gen. Colin Powell
- 1996: Political commentator James Carville and Mary Matalin
- 1995: Former Vice President Dick Cheney
- 1994: Dr. William Bennett
- 1993: Former Diplomat Dr. Jeane J. Kirkpatrick
- 1992: American Humorist Art Buchwald
- 1991: Author and commentator William Buckley Jr.
- 1990: Broadcaster Walter Cronkite
- 1989: Former Secretary of State Dr. Henry Kissinger