The CHRISTUS Spohn Foundation is thrilled to announce the speaker for the 30th anniversary of the CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Lyceum on Wednesday, April 18 at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi.
Walter Isaacson has been the president and CEO of the Aspen Institute, a nonpartisan educational and policy studies institute based in Washington, DC, as well as the chairman and CEO of CNN and the editor of TIME magazine.
Isaacson’s most recent book, Leonardo da Vinci (2017) brings history’s most creative genius at the crossroads of the humanities and the arts to life, and highlights and teaches the importance of creativity and challenging the status quo.
Isaacson is also author of The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution (2014), a biographical tale of the people who invented the computer, Internet and the other great innovations of the digital age. His other books include Steve Jobs (2011), Einstein: His Life and Universe (2007), Benjamin Franklin: An American Life (2003), and Kissinger: A Biography (1992), and co-author of The Wise Men: Six Friends and the World They Made (1986).
The topic of Mr. Isaacson’s Lyceum speech will be Timeless Leadership. Bringing audiences closer to these remarkable figures, Isaacson discusses the vital information that can be learned from them – including the common traits they share and how those traits can be used to empower today’s business leaders.
The 2017 Lyceum will help support Our PATH Forward (People & Actions Transforming Healthcare) and CHRISTUS Spohn’s construction of the new Level II Trauma Center at the Shoreline campus in Corpus Christi.
The only Level II Trauma Center in south Texas will ensure that all residents who seek comfort and healing in times of greatest need are treated with the most advanced technology and kindhearted compassion. The Coastal Bend’s lead trauma center is responsible for providing life-saving treatment to residents of Aransas, Bee, Brooks, Duval, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg, Live Oak, McMullen, Nueces, Refugio and San Patricio counties.
For more information, please call Patricia Cano, Director of Development, at 361-881-3611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The annual CHRISTUS Spohn Lyceum has a rich tradition beginning in 1989 with Henry Kissinger, the 56th Secretary of State. Lyceum guests enjoy an exquisite dinner and hear presentations from some of our era’s most influential speakers and leaders.
Lyceum Tradition of Excellence
- 2017: Apple Computer Inc., co-founder Steve Wozniak
- 2016: Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and author David McCullough
- 2015: Political commentator Charles Krauthammer
- 2014: Former Mexican President Vicente Fox
- 2013: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
- 2012: Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair
- 2011: Former President George W. Bush
- 2010: Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee
- 2009: Businessman and financier T. Boone Pickens
- 2008: Author James Bradley
- 2007: Former college football coach Lou Holtz
- 2006: Author Mitch Albom
- 2005: Pulitzer Prize-winning commentator George Will
- 2004: Former Commander of U.S. Central Command Gen. Tommy Franks
- 2003: Publishing executive Steve Forbes
- 2002: Former Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo
- 2001: Former First Lady Barbara A. Bush
- 2000: Former Secretary of State and White House Chief of Staff James Baker III
- 1999: Former President George H. W. Bush
- 1998: Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
- 1997: Former Statesman and retired Gen. Colin Powell
- 1996: Political commentator James Carville and Mary Matalin
- 1995: Former Vice President Dick Cheney
- 1994: Dr. William Bennett
- 1993: Former Diplomat Dr. Jeane J. Kirkpatrick
- 1992: American Humorist Art Buchwald
- 1991: Author and commentator William Buckley Jr.
- 1990: Broadcaster Walter Cronkite
- 1989: Former Secretary of State Dr. Henry Kissinger