CHRISTUS Spohn Richard King III Grand Classic Golf Tournament
Monday, October 16th • Corpus Christi Country Club
Call 361-881-3611 for more information on sponsorships and to learn how your gifts help Spohn’s healing ministry. This year’s event will support the new Level II Trauma Center at the Shoreline campus.
Read more about how the Grand Classic honors a Spohn legacy on the links
Four-person Florida Scramble, best-ball, best position. On each hole, all players have the opportunity to play every shot. Players select the best shot and play from that location. This procedure is repeated until the ball is holed or until your score reaches par. Then move to the next hole.
- Players may improve their positions anywhere on the course by one club length. This club length cannot be used to improve your position by moving from the rough to the fairway, back in bounds or from a hazard.
- The worst score any team can make on a hole is par.
- Each player must hit and the team must use two drives. Please mark on the scorecard by initial where each players’ drives were used.
- All ties will be played off on the scorecard using a predetermined selection of holes in a sudden-death format.
- Men will play from the blue tees and women will play from the red tees.
- The Boomer Drive is on No. 5. Teams may purchase the Boomer Drive at registration before plays begin or as they arrive at the 5th tee. Boomer Drive will place you approximately 150 yards from the green. You lie one on the Boomer Tee, hitting two.
- Each player may purchase two mulligans before the start of play, which may be used only on the greens.
- There are closest to the pin contests on all par-3s; there are hole-in-one opportunities on all par-3s; closest to the line contest will be on No. 12; team putting contest will be on the putting green as you travel from No. 18 to No. 1; chipping contest will be on the driving range.
Win prizes plus raffle opportunities, including 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, closest to the pin, closest to the line, chipping and putting contests, and a chance to win a Hole-in-One vehicle.
In the event of inclement weather, the funds raised for the Richard King III CHRISTUS Spohn Grand Classic will be donated, in your name, to the CHRISTUS Spohn Foundation. There will not be a rescheduling of events. However, each participant will receive:
- Awards Reception with food and drinks
- Player packet, golf balls and other items
- Chance to win in a drawing for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
- A certificate for a round of golf at the Corpus Christi Country Club